Outreach and Tracking Caseworker, Pittsfield, MA
Key is currently seeking an Outreach & Tracking Caseworker to work with children/youth and their families who live in Berkshire County.
- The Outreach & Tracking Caseworker is an hourly paid position requiring a Bachelor's degree in a human services related field and one year direct care experience (part-time, volunteer and internship experience is applicable).
- All candidates must be 21 years of age or older; have a valid state driver's license; and, have a legally registered and insured car for work use.
- All candidates must have the ability to work a varied and rotating schedule including days, evenings and weekend shifts.
- Written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently and on a team and strong interpersonal skills are highly desirable.
Responsibilities: The Outreach & Tracking Caseworker (OTCW) works independently as part of the regional treatment team, establishing open communication and support with co-workers. The OTCW is directly responsible overseeing and executing services for clients and families referred by contracting agencies. Due to the nature of the work and client needs, the OTCW requires a 45 hour work week including some evenings, weekends and holidays. On call duties may also be required.
- Develop and maintain supportive client relationships emphasizing client accountability and attainment of client treatment goals
- Provide advocacy in the areas of health, education, vocation, legal and family/foster family intervention
- Facilitate individual client and/or family/foster family counseling, mediation, and support and group counseling sessions
- Coordinate clinical services with clinic staff
- Locates, evaluates and utilizes community resources for clients and families
- Provides intensive community tracking services
- Establishes aftercare plans and develops community resources for terminating clients and their families
- Completes case documentation (assessments, daily treatment notes, reports, etc.) in a thorough, professional and timely manner
Benefits include: A hourly wage of $17.00; medical, dental and optical insurances; short-term disability and life insurance; training and professional development; tuition assistance; paid vacation and holidays; paid sick and personal time; retirement program; wellness benefit; pre-tax childcare, and more.
The Key Program is a private, non-profit human services agency whose mission is to assist at-risk and court-involved children/adolescents and their families to develop positive life skills so they may pursue productive and rewarding lives. Key works in conjunction with the MA Department of Children & Families (DCF), MA Department of Youth Services (DYS), the MA Department of Mental Health (DMH) and the RI Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF) and is an agency provider of both community-based outreach services and residential treatment programming.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race or color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, country of ancestral origin, or veteran status.